Advertisment

19-year-old Man Dies After Eating Shawarma at a Food Stall in Mumbai

A 19-year-old man in Mumbai dies after eating a Shawarma from a food stall on May 6. The cause for the death was revealed to be food poisoning.

author-image
By Dhwani Joshi
New Update
Shawarma

A 19-year-old man in Mumbai dies after eating a Shawarma from a food stall on May 6. The cause for the death was revealed to be food poisoning.  

Advertisment

Prathamesh Bhokse, a 19-year-old, a resident of Maharashtra Nagar, died on Monday after consuming a chicken Shawarma from a food stall in Trombay. Two street vendors in Mumbai were arrested on Monday for the same case.

Street food

Bhokse, along with his uncle ate chicken Shawarma from a street food stall in Trombay. After eating the shawarma, he suffered from stomach ache and vomiting and was immediately taken to a nearby municipal hospital to get treatment. However, his condition did not improve, so on May 5, he was taken to the KEM Hospital, where a doctor examined him and sent him home. Even after the medical help, Bhokse’s health showed no signs of improvement and so he was admitted to the KEM Hospital on Sunday evening, and subsequently died on Monday after his health deteriorated.

A case was registered against two street vendors under sections 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) and 34 of the Indian Penal Code  (IPC) and the two vendors, identified as Anand Kamble and Mohammad Ahmed Raiza Shaikh have been arrested by the police.

Advertisment
Latest Stories