Are you looking to take the vacation of a lifetime without breaking the bank? You don't need to fork out a fortune to have an unforgettable adventure! There are plenty of cities around the world that offer plenty of exploration and excitement at an affordable price. Read on for the top 5 thrifty cities for your latest travels.
1. Bangkok: High on the list of bang for your buck in Bangkok, Thailand. With plenty of cultural activities (and surprisingly good eats) to explore, there’s something to please every budget. You can find a comfortable hotel room for as little as $20/night, and you can find excellent eateries with meals coming in around $5. You can also explore the city by scoring a view from the top of a city-wide tuk-tuk ride, or take a (free) guided tour around some of the area’s famous temples.
2. Mexico City: Mexico City is a vibrant, bustling city with plenty of vibrant energy and culture. Plus, with a bustling local food scene, you can score a delicious plate of tacos for only a few pesos. Between the energy found in the art districts and the infamous nightlife of the Zona Rosa, Mexico City is sure to please. You can find accommodation in convenient locations for as little as $30 a night, leaving you more money to spend on exploring.
3. Zagreb: Budget-friendly, but not lacking in exploration opportunities, Zagreb is a small gem waiting to be explored. The atmosphere of the city and the local art scene won’t leave you disappointed. Plus, hotel rooms can be found for under $60/night, and meals can range anywhere from €10-30.
4. Krakow: A visit to Krakow is sure to take your breath away, and it won’t take a toll on your wallet either. Lodging can be found at around $26/night, and local meals can range from $3-15. Krakow offers plenty of unique attractions, such as the Wieliczka Salt Mine, and the chance to take a dip in the thermal healing waters of the Salt Cave.
5. Belgrade: An incredibly affordable option, Belgrade is a city often overlooked when it comes to international travel. At one of the lowest cost-of-living cities in Europe, you can find hotel rooms for as little as $20/night and a few tasty meals for under $20. Plus, the city comes with plenty of nightlife and cultural attractions such as the Museum of Yugoslav History, the Nikola Tesla Museum, and the Belgrade City Museum.
No matter where your travels take you, there are plenty of pocket-friendly opportunities waiting to be discovered. Of the many cities in existence, these five are sure to give you the experience of a lifetime without breaking the bank. So, grab that passport and get ready to explore!