Indian cricket team has showed why they are the top contenders in the ongoing cricket World Cup in India. Leaving the painful past memories behind Rohit Sharma & co. have easily managed to pull off a famous knock out win from New Zealand in the first Semi Final match on Wednesday, 15 November. Virat Kohli who anchor team India's inning and scored his 50th Century in ODIs (most by anyone) and broke Sachin Tendulkar's record as well.
Team India showed their top class & powerful performance to dominate Kiwis right from the first ball of the inning. Kohli & Iyer scored impactful centuries while other batters live their marks on batting card. While defending the mountain like target Shami turned up as X factor for India, he took 7 wickets and snatched all the expectations from Kiwis to win.
Here is the list of records broken in the match:
- Kohli has surpasses Tendulkar's record of 49 ODI hundreds, he has now 50 hundreds and total 80 hundreds in international cricket.
- Virat Kohli is the highest run getter (711) in the current ICC CWC 2023. Also it is the most runs by any batter in one edition of World Cup.
- He also has most 50+ scores in single edition of World Cup. (8)
- Kohli is now the 3rd highest run getter in ODI (13,794)
- Shami became the first bowler to bag three five-fors in a single World Cup edition.
- Shami becomes India's highest wicket taker in one edition of World Cup surpassing Zaheer Khan.
- He is the highest wicket taker in the ongoing World Cup with 23 Wickets.
- Rohit Sharma has scored most number of sixes in a World Cup edition (28)
- India can level Australia's streak of consecutive wins in one edition of World Cup if they win the next & final game. Currently India's streak is 10 wins consecutively.
- India has scored highest total in a World Cup knockout match so far (397)