Potatoes are one of the favorite vegetables of all and easy to make. The potatoes will not cook as they should. Sometimes the potatoes stay firm even after taking six or seven whistles in the cooker, and sometimes the potatoes are cooked so much in just four whistles that they burst. There are two simple ways to boil potatoes to prevent this from happening. If you boil potatoes in this way, you get the boiled potatoes as you want and quickly.
Boil the potatoes for 5 minutes:
1. While boiling in the cooker:
- Although boiled in a cooker, it usually takes 12 to 15 minutes for the potatoes to boil.
- But to boil potatoes in five minutes, first take potatoes of the same size.
- Wash the potatoes once or twice with water.
- After washing the potatoes, put them in the cooker.
- Add water, salt and a slice of lemon.
- Cover the cooker and put it on high flame.
- Steam the cooker within two to three minutes.
- Turn off the gas when the cooker blows.
- While boiling potatoes, add water only.
- Adding a pinch of water evaporates the cooker quickly.
- And adding lemons do not crack when cooking potatoes.
2. While boiling in the microwave:
- Wash and clean the potatoes while boiling them in the microwave.
- Put potatoes in a microwave safe dish and add water.
- Put this dish in the microwave. Boil the potatoes for 7 minutes in the microwave oven.
- Turn off the microwave after seven minutes.
- Put potatoes in it for one minute.
- After one minute, remove the boiled potatoes from the microwave.