After consuming a toxic concoction of bottle gourd juice, author-director Tahira Kashyap was recently taken to a hospital’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU) for two days due to food poisoning. On Saturday, Tahira uploaded a Reel on her Instagram account to share the story with her followers, in an attempt to raise awareness about the disease known as bottle gourd toxicity.
In a reel, Tahira recorded her ordeal putting forth the severe damage that could be caused by a regular food product if not aware. She wrote, “⚠️ PLS LISTEN TO THIS!
@instagram is an amazing platform for spreading awareness! Pls read about BOTTLE GOURD TOXICITY! I might be sounding all sorted and cool in this video that I made from my set, but I was in deep sh#%!”
She further added, “Sharing deets as doctors also asked me to spread the awareness around too. I have picked my phone on all those who I know have the #greenjuice Bottle gourd toxicity has dire consequences, and dire is an understatement. Please read in between the lines. It’s lethal. In the name of health just don’t keep popping juices! There was a reason why I was in the ICU for the same, don’t want to divulge more gory details, but pls spread the word around bottlegourdtoxicity #dhudhi #greenjuice.”
Tahira said in the video that her health has improved and that she is now back on the set of her forthcoming film ‘Sharmajee Ki Beti’.
Tahira Kashyap Khurrana is also gearing up for the release of her fifth book ‘The 7 Sins Of Being A Mother’. Meanwhile, Ayushmann Khurrana, her husband and Bollywood celebrity, is slated to collaborate with filmmaker Aanand L Rai for the third time on an eccentric humorous action film named ‘Action Hero.’