The Khichdi is the best heavy breakfast and healthy meal that you can enjoy in the morning or in launch time. Khichdi is a recipe which is full of nutrition, fiber and basically good for the diet people. Easy to digest and even easy to make with very simple ingredients.
Simple and yum Khichdi that will make you remind the corporate Chef Jodharam Choudhary, Khandani Rajdhani a chain of thalli restaurants serving Rajasthan Food.
Today we are going to show you the 3 delicious Khichdi that you can prepare in your home, with an amazing taste.
1. CHEESY HARI BHARI KHICHDI:
Cheesy Hari Bhari Khichdi the name itself say the flavor of the Khichdi. The cheesy say it will give the chessy and will add some tangy flavor in it, Hari Bhari means it has interesting twist of spinach puree, peas and a sprinkling of cheese. Very easy and simple ingredients that you can make at home and even add in your diet as it includes vegetables, which is good to health.
- ¼ cup grated cheese + extra for the garnish
- ¼ cup matar or green peas
- ½ cup sabut moong or whole green gram, soaked overnight and drained
- ½ cup palak or spinach puree
- 1-2 stalks of spring onion greens, finely chopped
- 2-3 spring onion bulbs, finely chopped
- 1½ cup rice, soaked for 15-20 minutes and drained
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp jeera or cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2-3 spring onion bulbs, finely chopped
- 3-4 cups + ½ cup water
- Salt to taste
How to make Chessy Hari Bhari Khichdi:
- Take a pressure cooker, add 1 tbsp ghee and heat on medium high flame
- Add cumin seeds
- Add chopped garlic and fry until it get golden brown
- Add spring onion bulbs and fry for a minute
- Add green gram and peas
- Saute for a few minutes
- Now add rice and add 3-4 cups of water
- Salt for taste
- Cover and cook the pressure cooker fir 5-6 whistles
- Open the pressure cooker
- Add spinach puree,spring onion greens
- Mix and cook for a minute.
Add ½ cup water, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cheese and mix.
- Transfer the khichdi into a bowl and garnish with grated cheese.
- Serve and enjoy your healthy khichdi
Poha Moong Dal Khichdi:
Poha is the best and heavy breakfast in the India. A very easy and simple and fast making dish. Poha is the regular breakfast that makes in Indians homes. So today we are going to show you a unique khichdi recipe that is Poha Moong Dal Khichdi. The poha is the unique touch in Poha Moong Dal Khichdi. Moong Dal is also a very healthy element that gives a nutrition and easy to digest. So get started with the ingredients.
- 100 gm green or yellow moong (mung) dal
- 100 gm poha, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp sambar powder
- 1 tsp jaggery
- 2 tsp imli or tamarind water
- 1 small piece of dalchini or cinnamon
- 2 cups chopped mixed vegetables, like French beans, potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, capsicum and green peas
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- Oil for cooking
- 2-3 cups water
- 1 tsp haldi or turmeric powder
- 1 tsp rai or mustard seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
How to make Poha Moong Dal Khichdi:
- Soak the poha for 15 minutes.
- Heat in a pressure cooker over medium
- Heat the moong dal and the vegetables along with 2-3 cups water and cook for one whistle
- Heat the oil in a pan
- Add the mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add the turmeric powder, cinnamon and curry leaves.
- Saute for 10 seconds.&
- Add the onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add the half-cooked dal and vegetables mixture
- Drained poha
- Add salt, sambar powder, jaggery, tamarind water and stir.
- Add some water and mix well.
- Let it cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve warm.
For the khichdi:
- 2 cups rice, soaked for 30 minutes
- 1 cup tur dal or pigeon peas, soaked for 30 minutes
- 5-6 garlic pods, chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp haldi or turmeric powder
- Salt, to taste
- 6 cups water
- Fried papad, crushed
For the tadka or tempering
- ½ tsp rai or mustard seeds
- 2 pinch hing or asafoetida
- 4-5 dry chillies
- 4-5 garlic pods, chopped
How to make Varhadi Khichdi:
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add the chopped garlic, salt, turmeric powder
- Saute over high heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the washed rice, tur dal and 6 cups of water.
- Close the lid and let it cook for 3 whistles, take off heat and set aside.
For the tempering
- In a tempering pan heat the oil.
- Add the mustard seeds and when they splutter
- Add the hing, garlic and chillies.
- Saute till the garlic turns brown.
- Pour over the khichdi.
- Transfer into a bowl, garnish with the crushed papad
- Serve hot.