Your Website Monitor Provides Indispensable Tools, Helping Businesses Maintain Online Revenue


0

They say business never sleeps. This is particularly true in the online world, where everyone is connected all the time and the market is constantly active. If your business revolves around your website, every second of your website’s availability counts. One question is, how much does a company stand to lose when its website goes down?


In terms of service time, most web hosting services guarantee at least 99.95% uptime service. This means the chances of downtime will be 0.05% during a specified service period. In an hour, that small percentage hardly translates to two seconds. It seems small when looked at as an hourly basis, but most uptime service percentages are taken in a year’s context.

 

Note, too, that downtimes do not happen in isolation nor do they happen evenly dispersed throughout a period. When downtime events happen, they often happen contiguously. So, a 99.95% annual uptime guarantee only means that there’s a chance for four-and-a-half hours of downtime.

The cost of web hosting itself is inexpensive, with some providers offering basic monthly services that are priced just as much as regular Big Mac meal. This means the losses don’t come from the cost of undelivered web hosting service. Company losses due to down websites come mainly from lost opportunities – and the losses can be staggering.

Most experts put the average cost of website downtime at about $5,000 per minute or $300,000 per hour. This figure can easily rise to millions of dollars per hour lost for enterprises that engage in high-volume data transactions through their websites. It’s difficult to imagine the seriousness of downtime with all these abstract figures so real-life examples are in order.

On November 20, 2019, Amazon suffered a system glitch that left its website inaccessible for 13 minutes. It seems like a paltry length of downtime until you take into account how much Amazon makes per minute during that period. Experts estimate Amazon lost $203,577 per minute in sales revenues – or over $2.6 million during the 13-minute outage.

Amazon had a lot of other downtime issues in the previous years, costing the company millions of dollars in lost revenue. There are other notable examples of companies losing enormous amounts of revenue to website outages. In March 2015, Apple’s App Store went offline for 12 hours, costing the company $25 million. Facebook suffered a 14-hour blackout in March 2019, which caused the company $89.6 million in losses.

Why do these downtimes happen? Some are programming glitches that are introduced into the website’s system accidentally although there are cases when this is done maliciously. In other cases, the website became inundated with visitors that the web hosting server wasn’t able to cope.

Fortunately for these large companies, they can take a few million-dollar hits and that’s why companies like Apple, Facebook, and Amazon are still going strong to this day. But for smaller companies, outages have the potential to permanently ruin a business. So, the most important question is: how do smaller businesses who rely on the smooth and steady operation of their website guard themselves against downtime and outages?

Part of the answer is getting a web host that offers the highest uptime services. However, no service can offer a fail-safe service and so the next step is getting uptime monitoring.

Uptime monitoring is a third-party service that regularly monitors a website’s performance and availability. When there are impending issues, uptime monitoring will pick up the signs and send alerts. Among the many uptime monitoring service providers, many businesses are choosing one new player because of its quality and affordability. That is Your Website Monitor.

Your Website Monitor provides all the necessary tools needed for a business to keep a constant tab on its website. It performs packet tests, both on secured and unsecured hypertext transmission protocol (HTTP) channels. It performs ping tests to measure web hosting server availability and response time, and it does all these tests from five different servers around the world. This testing arrangement reveals if website accessibility problems are caused by regional network issues.

More specific tests are available, such a server speed monitoring, real-time transaction monitoring, and other server performance indexes. These are useful when studying the efficacy of a website’s design or when looking for ways to improve a company’s online business model.

Whatever the monitoring needs are, Your Website Monitor will always be the partner of businesses in maintaining and improving business revenue. For more information about Your Website Monitor’s services, visit https://yourwebsitemonitor.com/. For inquires, email help@yourwebsitemonitor.com.


Like it? Share with your friends!

0

What's Your Reaction?

hate hate
0
hate
confused confused
0
confused
fail fail
0
fail
fun fun
0
fun
geeky geeky
0
geeky
love love
0
love
lol lol
0
lol
omg omg
0
omg
win win
0
win

0 Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Choose A Format
Personality quiz
Series of questions that intends to reveal something about the personality
Trivia quiz
Series of questions with right and wrong answers that intends to check knowledge
Poll
Voting to make decisions or determine opinions
Story
Formatted Text with Embeds and Visuals
List
The Classic Internet Listicles
Countdown
The Classic Internet Countdowns
Open List
Submit your own item and vote up for the best submission
Ranked List
Upvote or downvote to decide the best list item
Meme
Upload your own images to make custom memes
Video
Youtube, Vimeo or Vine Embeds
Audio
Soundcloud or Mixcloud Embeds
Image
Photo or GIF
Gif
GIF format