1. 2023 was the year of reinvention for the superstar. At 58, SRK – who had defined romance in Bollywood for decades – chose to give his younger counterparts a run for their money by stepping out as the ultimate action hero in Jawan and Pathaan. With oodles of rugged charm and measured intensity, the new and improved King Khan was a hit with everyone. Ahead of the release of these films, Shah Rukh Khan also opted out of major pre-release promotional strategies, choosing instead to engage in fun Ask Me Anything sessions with fans on social media. Interestingly, the last time SRK headlined three releases in a year was in 2004. He starred in Main Hoon Na, Veer-Zaara and Swades that year– all films that have gone on to attain cult status and are regular fixtures on the list of best SRK projects.
2. The year 2023 was extremely eventful for the Deol family as well, as not one but all the three Deol men returned to the cinemas and how! It began with the OG Deol, Dharmendra, grabbing eyeballs with his liplock with Shabana Azmi in Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahaani. Post the film's release, people unanimously agreed that actors will come and go but the original charmer will continue to win hearts forever.
3. 25 years down the line, Johar is again back in the director's chair, after a gap of seven long years, with Rocky aur Rani Kii Prem Kahani - a quintessential Bollywood family drama that was actually needed at this hour. The film featuring two superstars of the Hindi film industry, Alia Bhatt and Ranveer Singh, is a very 'Karan-ified' movie, with a romantic storyline, a dramatic tone, larger-than-life scenes and a heroine clad in chiffon sarees. Is it a typical Bollywood film that the film industry and even the audience had actually been craving for a very long time.
4. This was an eventful year in sports as well. IND v NZ, World Cup 2023 semifinals: Virat Kohli went past Sachin Tendulkar's all-time record of 673 runs in a World Cup edition when he went past 79 in the big-ticket semi-finals against New Zealand in Mumbai on November 15.
5 . Chandrayaan-3 has made history by becoming the first mission to soft-land on the lunar south pole, a region that has never been explored before. The mission aimed to demonstrate safe and soft lunar landing, rover mobility, and in-situ scientific experiments.
6. The RRR movie's popular song Naatu Naatu made it big by winning 'Best Original Song' at the 95th Academy Awards, The Elephant Whisperers, directed by Kartiki Gonsalves and produced by Guneet Monga, has won Best Documentary Short Film.
7. India has set “Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam” or “One Earth - One Family - One Future” as the theme for its G20 Presidency, rightly aiming to instill a sense of unanimity essential for addressing these global challenges collectively and effectively. Prime Minister Narendra Modi further envisions India’s G20 agenda to be “inclusive, ambitious, action-oriented, and decisive.” India’s successes and experiences are critical to tailoring global solutions.