In this pandemic without disturbance/interference of Human being nature and animals living better life and life habitat is improved. Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Mumbai restricted private vehicles into the boundaries of century. After official reopening, SGNP will start with some of the new Rules and regulations for citizens and visitors as well.
Due to high speed, not controllable driving many animals got slaughtered and dies under the vehicles. As well as pollution is a concern. That’s why there was a continuous demand for ban on private vehicles, and finally these demands will fulfill after reopening. From January 2021 vehicles on battery will be uploaded in the park. There will be 15 buses at 15 minutes intervals till Kanheri spot with capacity of 20 to 22 people each.
Also to prevent encroachment, SGNP is planning to increase size of Security wall alongside the park. SGNP got enough time to think on other much needed improvement parts of the area. These are some new upcoming projects:
- Modernization of Minitrain
- Radio caller system to track leopards
- Park will divide in Miyawaki type
- Tree Plantation, especially Plants with Indian Origin
- Planning to bring a pair of Tiger and Lion
- Educational Awareness Campaigns
- Work on the Tiger project is also nearing completion.