1. Bigg Boss 17 witnessed another fight between contestants and couple Ankita Lokhande and Vicky Jain. In the latest episode of the reality show, Bigg Boss gave the contestants a nomination task and it resulted in arguments between the contestants. As per India Today, when Vicky Jain talked about the suffering of men in marriage, Ankita suggested getting a divorce.
2. The latest episode of Koffee With Karan season 8 turned out to be a bit different from the chat show's popular image. Actor Ajay Devgn and filmmaker Rohit Shetty bonded with host Karan Johar over how all of them are children of fathers who witnessed a lot of struggle to make a living in the film industry. As they shared lesser known facts about their fathers, Ajay mentioned the popularity of the word ‘nepotism’ these days and said, “Today you go on social media, read so many things like nepotism etc but people don't realise that the generations have worked very, very hard to reach till here. It's not an easy story.”
3. According to the Training and Development (T&D) team at HYBE, one of the critical parts of training new talents is exposing them to all sorts of musical genres. This part of the system is directly influenced by RM, the leader of BTS. When BTS were trainees, RM would often compile songs of different genres and hand out the playlist to the trainees to help them expand their taste. Apart from a few occasions where the members mentioned it on camera, it is also touched upon in BTS’s memoir, Beyond The Story.
4. BTS members have entered the exclusive ranks of shareholders, marking another triumph following their dominance in the music industry with chart-topping tracks. Despite Jin, Jimin, J-Hope, Suga, Jungkook, V, and RM being away for military service, their stock values continue to surge consistently. Recent reports reveal that all seven BTS members are now part of the 10 billion won ($7.7 million) shares club, securing top positions among the wealthiest stockholders in Korea's entertainment and music sector.
5. All BTS members, including Jin, J-Hope, Suga, RM, V, Jimin, and Jungkook (in that order), have officially commenced their mandatory military service for the country, sparking a global online buzz with emerging intricate details. The gas chamber. The obstacle course. The grueling marches and many more. One of the most demanding challenges in South Korea's military training is the gas chamber challenge, also known as The Hwasaengbang. In January of this year, the group's eldest member, Jin, was seen participating in the training, and a few pictures subsequently emerged online.
6. With a press release on the South Korean social media network Weverse, Bighit Music (now HYBE Labels) revealed on December 20, 2023, that BTS' Jimin will be releasing his new digital song, Closer Than This. The forthcoming song has created an enormous buzz even before its release on December 22, 2023. However, in an astounding turn of events, social media was flooded with several tweets from ARMYs who claimed to have been aware of the upcoming song due to a Spotify glitch a few days back.
7. George Clooney is sharing more about his decades-long friendship with Matthew Perry and why he believes the actor's success on Friends didn't bring him the happiness he'd always wanted. "We just knew that he wasn’t happy and I had no idea he was doing, what, 12 Vicodin a day and all the stuff he talked about, all that heartbreaking stuff. And it also just tells you that success and money and all those things, it doesn’t just automatically bring you happiness," he added. "You have to be happy with yourself and your life."
8. The teaser poster for JTBC's forthcoming drama, Doctor Slump, features Yeo Jung-Woo (played by Park Hyung-sik) and Nam Ha-Neul (played by Park Shin-hye), setting the backdrop for an intriguing competition between two protagonists of the same age. This upcoming drama also marks the on-screen reunion of Park Shin-hye and Park Hyung-sik, who will be seen together a decade after co-starring in the 2013 drama, The Heirs. The teaser shows them dressed in school uniforms.