It is International Dance Day today and we couldn’t stop presenting to you how dancing helps our mental health issues which become to be one of the biggest outlets in minimizing it.
Till now, we have mostly listened to and noticed how dance helps physically but many doesn’t know it heals your mental issues too isn’t that great? So, let’s look into it and hope it helps you.
According to a study in The Arts in Psychotherapy.
- Dance movement therapy and dance improve mood, can reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety which also lifts up your mood.
- So, while dancing, an abundance of mood-improving chemicals are released within the body and when unleashed, these chemicals help improve one’s mental state; even one “lively” session of dance can reduce depression.
- Same can sharpen your mind and keep the same while you dance often.
According to a study conducted by University of Hertfordshire Psychology Professor Peter Lovatt.
- While dancing if happiness is expressed then it is long measurable even after dancing as the happiness lasts long almost for a week after you’ve last danced.
According to One 2007 study.
- In order to boost up your mood and energy, participating in hip hop dance correlates with lowered levels of stress.
• Sometimes it becomes difficult for the one who’s suffering from mental health problems to express their feelings, so dancing can comfortably express themselves through their body movements which express emotions and communicate feelings they once could not.
According to one study.
- Patients hospitalized for depression showed a measurable level of reduction in their depression, when placed in recreational dance sessions
Dancing with others helps you feel a sense of connectedness.
- Often leads to an increase in social activity.
- In addition, dance classes also lend themselves to an increase in social bonds and friendships amongst dancers, key factors in improving one’s mood and overall mental wellbeing.
As it is International Dance Day we put on how dancing helps us heal with our mental issues but not just these there are many ways you can treat your mental problems and shine on! Stop thinking much, if you are then try to heal yourself from it and be happy. This was just to know you that how dance is also a part of biggest outlets for minimizing the mental health issues.
HAPPY INTERNATIONAL DANCE DAY!!!