BTS brought nostalgia to the 2021 Golden Disc Awards with a heartwarming performance of “Life Goes On”. Life Goes On resembles life before the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic while looking toward a brighter future. To illustrate this, BTS used miniature versions of their sets from their MV’s.
The mini sets were created by monomini, an artist who specializes in miniature art displays. On Instagram, Monomini shared several photos of the miniature sets with the caption, “We made BTS official music video scenes in miniatures. The miniatures were used for Golden Disc stage props.”
”ON” MV (2020)
”FAKE LOVE” MV (2018)
”Blood, Sweat & Tears” MV (2016)
”No More Dream” MV (2013)
”I NEED U” MV (2015)
On the other hand fans are criticizing BTS‘s stylists for ill-fitting outfits from the 35th Golden Disc Awards of both days.
ARMY’s are saying that BTS’s stylists repeatedly putting them into oversized clothes that need tailoring and have not received the proper alterations to fit their bodies.
- “Why are they always wearing oversized clothes…?”
- “There’s no sincerity whatsoever in even trying to mend their clothes so that it fits their bodies.”
- “Can they bring back the skinny pants for BTS? They all have pretty legs and they will stand out more on stage with skinny pants, but the stylist is ruining everything lately.”
- “This time too, they just wore luxury brands’ clothes without any alteration. Just why are they using a stylist if they are just gonna wear the clothes as is?”
- “Looks like they took the collection just as is and that they are just sticking to one repertoire… Cardigan for RM, a coat for V, knit for J-Hope, jacket for Jungkook and Jin… It’s always like this every single time.”
Fans also added about BTS appearance at the 2020 Melon Music Awards clothing choices were too mature and didn’t flatter the boys.
Most of them also noticed TIME magazine cover where the styling was called out for poor sizing and lack of attention to detail.
Many pieces were oversized for the members such as Jin’s suit and Jimin’s shoes.
Suga’s long pants bunch at the bottom and V’s shoes are dangerously oversized.
Further fans are hoping that the stylists can find a balance between comfort, style, and adequately-sized clothing for the members.