Winter can serve as the ideal time to redefine fashion and revamp your wardrobe with fresh, inventive styles. Bold colors and creative layering techniques can give even the driest winter wardrobe a chic modern look. If you need a few tips on how to slay in style this winter, here are 5 fashion layering tips that will ensure you stand out from the crowd:
1) Invest In Classic Pieces: A key to not getting lost in the sea of winter fashion trends is to invest, generally speaking, in classic pieces. A few examples might include a plaid shirt, a wool coat, or a pair of Chelsea boots. These pieces will provide a timeless look, while also allowing you to play into the current trends.
2) Play With Textures: To make your winter wardrobe a bit more interesting, make sure to layer different textures. Combines thick knits with softer fabrics, such as silk or velvet. You can also experiment with different outerwear pieces, such as a fur coat or a puffer jacket.
3) Layer Your Essentials: To adequately layer for winter, start with pieces you use all of the time. This includes, but is not limited to, sweaters, t-shirts, and long-sleeved tops. Then, simply add an extra layer with a coat or jacket with an interesting texture or unique design.
4) Experiment With Accessories: An easy way to add a bit of flair to an outfit is to focus on winter-friendly accessories. A few examples of winter-appropriate accessories include a beret, beanie, or a fabulous fur scarf.
5) Don’t Be Afraid to Go Bold: When it comes to winter fashion layering, don’t be afraid to mix bold colors and patterns. You might pair a plaid bottoms with a chunky knit or a graphic tee with a wool coat. And who says you can’t add a pop of color to an otherwise neutral outfit? With winter fashion layering, the sky is the limit!
By following these few tips on winter fashion layering, you can elevate your wardrobe this season and ensure that you stay chic. So embrace winter with fashionable self-expression.