Manoj Bajpayee is just another star who dreamt of being an actor since his childhood and look now he is incredibly delivering most versatile performances which are never enough of just praising who deserves a lot more.
Born on 23 April 1969 in a small village called Belwa near the city Bettiah in West Champaran, Bihar. Till his 12th class he studied in the city and then head to Delhi at the age of 17 and went to Satyawati, then to Ramjas College, Delhi University. Bajpayee had heard about the National School of Drama from actors such as Om Puri and Naseeruddin Shah, so he applied.
And no one know this that Manoj Bajpayee was rejected for three times then so he wanted to commit suicide afterwards. If that time he would’ve gave up then how would become today a big star? So, we can call him a perfect inspiration for us to not give up for the thing you were living for.
Now, he the star owner of several huge achievements. Manoj Bajpayee has honoured with 3 National Film Awards, 4 Filmfare Awards and 2 Asia Pacific Screen Award for Best Performance by an Actor. In 2019, he was given India’s fourth-highest civilian honor Padma Shri for his contributions to art.
- His role in Satya as Bhiku Mhatre was a breakthrough for him and also which made him lift-up his first National Award for Best Supporting Actor! Also, grabbed Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor and nominated for Filmfare Award in Best Supporting Actor category. It is also considered as one of the most-memorable character in the history of Indian Cinema along with his famous dialogue in it: “Mumbai ka king kaun? Bhiku Mhatre” (Who is the king of Mumbai? Bhiku Mhatre).
- Shool is another one of the best film in Manoj Bajpayee’s career, his role as Inspector Samar Pratap Singh made him win Filmfare Critics Award For Best Actor and nominated for Filmfare Awards in Best Actor category.
- Further went on nominating for the films like Aks, character name Raghavan Ghatge nominated him in Filmfare Award For Best Villain, for the same category Bajpayee was nominated for his Babu character in Road. Filmfare Award For Best Supporting Actor, for Yogendra Singh Yadav in LOC Kargil.
- And bagged-up second National Award for Special Jury Award / Special Mention for the film Pinjar.
- Veerendra Pratap in Raajneeti made him nominated in Filmfare Award For Best Supporting Actor and Sardar Khan in Gangs of Wasseypur – Part 1 also got nominated in Filmfare Award For Best Actor.
- Short film Taandav made Bajpayee win Filmfare Short Film Awards Best Actor. Aligarh being one of his bests, Ramchandra Siras role grabbed his first Asia Pacific Screen Award in Best Performance By An Actor category and also a Filmfare in Critics Award for Best Actor category.
- Another National Award for Best Actor and also a next Asia Pacific Screen Award For Best Performance By An Actor for Bhonsle film.
- And here come his best series ‘The Family Man’ for which Manoj Bajpayee win Best Actor, Drama Series (Critics) in Web-Series Filmfare OTT Award.
The actor has got what he truly deserves as many didn’t receive even when they are alive but Manoj proved his talent and proved that he is accurate for often regarded as a method actor and a director’s actor, and is known for his unconventional roles in films.
Definitely looking forward for more of his versatile roles that can never be forgotten but no doubt, he’ll not make us forget but remember throughout our lives. You doing great sir, one of the best actors we got in current generation to look up for.
Here PopDiaries wishes a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY and healthy life with furthermore several extraordinary characters in acting career, live long legend Manoj Bajpayee!