India’s beloved voices come together on Audible to bring a special Valentine’s original slate
Sumeet Vyas, Nidhi Singh, Sharman Joshi, Sanjeev Kapoor, Cyrus Broacha, Veer Rajwant Singh, Shreya Dhanwanthary and other highly esteemed Indian voices feature in a special Valentine’s Day slate of popular Audible content
Available to all listeners free of cost is Pitching Pyaar starring Shreya Dhanwanthary (of Scam 1992 fame) and Veer Rajwant Singh, Old School Romance, a 12-episode podcast series featuring celebrity couples who share their experiences and philosophies on love and nine hit romantic stories from Wattpad (a global community of millions of readers and writers) now available as audiobooks exclusively on Audible
Audible members can also enjoy season 3 of hit show Permanent Roommates, starring Sumeet Vyas and Nidhi Singh at no extra cost
India, February 11, 2022 – Audible, an Amazon company and a leading global provider of spoken-word entertainment, today announced a brand-new slate of content curated specially to celebrate the season of love.
Included in the lineup are three new marquee shows to be launched on Valentine’s Day; two of which are produced by popular, new age media houses, DICE media and TVF.
The new Valentine’s Day program includes:
- Pitching Pyaar: A light-hearted coming of age love story by DICE media, of a young aspiring entrepreneur who meets the girl of his dreams just as his startup has its first shot at securing an investor. Can Kabir (Veer Rajwant Singh) convince his investor to take a chance on his dream and Nikki (Shreya Dhanwanthary) to take their relationship to the next level?
- Permanent Roommates S3: The first-ever audio spin-off of TVF’s popular web series featuring Mikesh (Sumeet Vyas) and Tanya (Nidhi Singh). The third season on Audible is a prequel to the web series and reveals for the first time how this beloved couple met and fell in love. Season 3 of the audio series meets the couple after they’ve been in a long-distance relationship, with Mikesh and Tanya realizing they are destined for a permanent future together.
- Old School Romance: Evoking a sense of nostalgia, the podcast evokes beautiful anecdotes of love and relationships. The podcast features renowned celebrities Vishwanathan Anand (five-time World Chess Champion Grandmaster), Sharman Joshi (actor), Sanjeev Kapoor (renowned celebrity chef), Shaan (leading singer and music composer), Cyrus Broacha (Comedian, VJ and host) among others
- Dil Local 2: An Audible Original podcast written and narrated by Divya Prakash Dubey that takes listeners through different journeys and relationships of individuals on the Mumbai local. This 10-episode podcast brings to life characters and emotions that evoke nostalgia at every stop
- 9 Unique Stories of Love from Wattpad: Listeners can enjoy popular titles from Wattpad, an online social reading platform intended for users to read and write original stories. This selection includes His Replaced Bride, Arranged Marriage, Cursed, Soft Pillows, The Girl He Never Noticed, V1 and V2, The Bad Boy and The Tomboy and Did you Get Your Period?
Along with the Valentine’s Day slate, listeners can also enjoy other recently launched, celebrity-voiced romantic titles including:
- Sasural Wonder Phool: Love, sex and social taboo collide in a unique romantic comedy featuring Bollywood’s beloved, Sanya Malhotra and Varun Sharma.
- Darmiyaan: Love, loss and shocking twists are what make this first-ever audio series, from one of India’s top producers Ekta Kapoor and featuring TV superstars Shabir Ahluwalia and Sriti Jha, an epic show. The show is conceptualized by Balaji and has been one of the most popular shows on Audible.
- Mine and Yours (Season 2): A modern love triangle featuring Sayani Gupta, Kubbra Sait and Nakuul Mehta, that explores topics like sexuality, soulmates and finding true love.
Shailesh Sawlani, VP and Country GM, Audible India, while talking about this slate said, "Romance is an immensely popular genre and has been among the most listened to on Audible. This Valentine’s Day, we are adding heartfelt and fresh stories for our listeners to enjoy featuring some of India’s most celebrated talent.
We are always looking for opportunities to bring diverse content and immersive experiences that our listeners can enjoy. I am confident we will be doing just that with brilliant creators like Dice Media, TVF, and Wattpad.”
Kartik Krishnan, Co-Writer, Co-Creative Director of Pitching Pyaar, Dice Media, said “To see our show, obviously very close to our hearts, come to life with the technically and aesthetically wonderful team at Audible has been a unique experience for me and everyone else at Dice Media.
It has helped us discover the power of audio storytelling and its potential first hand. Pitching Pyaar is a new age romance, featuring strong, confident young lead characters - I know fans of our shows are going to enjoy listening to it.”
Actor Sumeet Vyas said, "Permanent Roommates on Audible is in its third season - surreal! This season is actually really special because it’s the immediate prequel to the show you saw on the web series, and tells the story of how this couple actually makes the shift from long-distance to living together. I can’t wait to hear how fans react when they listen to the story!”
Actress Shreya Dhanwanthary said, "This is my first experience venturing into the world of audio entertainment and I couldn't have asked for anyone better than Dice Media and Audible to associate with. As an actor, this experience gave me a whole new perspective on audio storytelling.
I have thoroughly enjoyed playing the role of Nikki, who meets a young, aspiring entrepreneur, Kabir and explores an unusually romantic relationship with him – it’s such a fun, sweet story and I hope the audience enjoys listening to it."
Audible, an Amazon company, is a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, offering customers a new way to enhance and enrich their lives every day. Audible.in content includes more than a 200,000 audiobooks, podcasts, and Audible Originals.
Audible has millions of members around the world who subscribe to one of 10 localized services designed for customers in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Spain, the UK, and the US. Audible members download nearly 4 billion hours of content annually and listen across a wide range of supported devices.