“This whole episode has been nothing but a witch hunt,” Raj Kundra said in a statement.
Businessman Raj Kundra, granted protection from arrest in connection with one of many cases involving allegations of shooting and streaming pornographic content, today hit out at “the misleading and irresponsible statements/articles” against him, as he denied “ever” being involved in the production and distribution of such contents. “This whole episode has been nothing but a witch hunt,” he said, adding that he was “ready to face trial “.
“However, unfortunately I have already been pronounced “guilty” by the media and my family and I have been subjected to a lot of pain (continuously), violating my human and constitutional rights at different levels,” Mr. Raj Kundra, who is married to actor Shilpa Shetty, said in a statement.
“To set the record straight I do not hide my face in shame, but wish that my privacy is not intruded anymore with this continued MEDIA TRIAL. My priority has always been my family, nothing else matters at this juncture, I believe it’s every person’s inalienable right to live with dignity and I request the same. Thank you for taking out time to read this statement, and respecting my privacy henceforth,” he said.
This is Mr Kundra’s first reaction after he was last week granted four weeks’ protection from arrest by the Supreme Court. Mr Kundra had moved the top court after the Bombay High Court, on November 25, refused his plea for anticipatory bail.
Mr Kundra was arrested in July in another case being investigated by the Mumbai Crime Branch.