A Lot of waste is generated in social functions like weeding, parties and also in commercial functions like movies . A Lot of time the waste is not treated properly which leads to pollution but not in Chandigarh.
But this time the team of chandigarh kare aashiqui has done such a great job that for the first time in a film waste was not even created .
This is such an awesome work that it should obviously be appreciated and also more such efforts should be taken.The entire crew of Chandigarh Kare Aashiqui, who was stationed in Punjab’s Chandigarh, followed the rules to make it a zero-waste set.
The zero-waste idea was of Pragya Kapoor, who collaborated with NGO and social services to ensure no wastage by the team while shooting for their movie.
Pragya collaborated with Skrap, who manages wastes generated at events and recycles or donates excess materials. The team from Skrap ensured that the sets of Chandigarh Kare Aashiqui had zero waste.
From assigning a special crew to manage the waste produced on the set to placing colour-coordinated bins to segregate the waste, the team had followed some simple yet effective steps to handle the waste.
1 Plastic bottles were replaced by water dispensers and reusable water bottles.
2. The leftover food from the sets was distributed to low-income families.
3. A special crew was hired to segregate waste .
4. The members of the crew were given big bottles of toiletries instead of small ones.
5. Colour coordinated bins were placed on the sets to segregate solid, liquid and PPE categories.
6. The waste collected after the three-month shoot was recycled into bricks, lamps, and many usable products.