There is one day when we feel to eat something light food which will get easily digest. So at this time you must Nachinunde dumplings. Which is made with two pulses and very less spices. And even good for weight loss and diet planning people.
Whenever we talk about the South Indian food the dishes that comes in our mind his Idli, Dosa, Vada Sambhar, Uttappa. Some people think that the South Indian people eat very few foods. In fact their is large range of variety of food dishes in South Indian.
So today we brought the recipe which is good for those who liked to be health conscious.
Nachinunde Dumplings is the recipe which is food for breakfast. Poha, parathas are such a heavy breakfast, but if you want to eat something light in the morning time then Nachinunde dumplings is the best option for you.
Less oil less spices is the speciality of this recipe. As this recipes need less spices and oil it is very good for weight loss as it is low in carbohydrates and high in protein. It is the normal household recipe in the South Indian kitchens.
How tomake the Nachinunde Dumplings?
- Take a half cup of toor dal
- Half cup of chana dal
- Half cup grated wet coconut
- Curry leaves
- Teaspoon chopped ginger
- Teaspoon cumin seeds
- Teaspoon asafoetida
- Tablespoon finely chopped chilli
- Salt to taste.
- Take ½ cup toor dal and ½ cup chana dal in a bowl.
- Add enough water and soak for 3 hours.
- Then drain off the water and transfer the dal to the mixing
- Blend the dal to a coarse paste without adding any water.
- Now take the coarse paste of dal into large bowl.
- Add ½ cup coconut, 3 tbsp dill leaves, 2 tbsp coriander and few curry leaves.
- Also add 1 inch ginger, 2 chilli, 1 tsp cumin, pinch hing and ¾ tsp salt.
- Mix well until all the spices are combined well.
- Grease the hand with oil and form a cylindrical shape.
- Now place in the steamer leaving enough space in between.
- Steam for 15 to 20 minutes or until the dumpling is cooked completely.
- After completing the process of cooking serve the dumplings in the plate.
- Finally, enjoy nuchinunde dumplings with ghee, chutney.
See the videos for full and detailed recipe
Comment below if you really like this recipes. For updates stay tuned!!