October heat is famous for the heat. As it is period after the monsoon and before the winter. This heat will surely tan your skin. So the precautions is must for your skin to protect it from tanning.
If you skin is already tan, then use the home remedies, which will help to remove the tan from your skin.
Here’s a quick look at how to remove tan in a jiffy! You no longer have to worry about spending too much time out in the sun, or at the beach.
1. Lemon juice and honey to remove tan
Lemon juice has bleaching effect which helps in removing tan quickly.
1. Take fresh lemon juice, add some honey to it and apply on your skin.
2. Let it stay for 30 minutes and wash off.
3. You can also add some sugar to the lemon juice and scrub your skin gently to slough off dead cells from the surface.
2. Yogurt and tomato to reduce tan
Tomato is rich in antioxidants that helps in brightening skin. Yogurt on the other hand contains lactic acid which softens the skin.
1. Take raw tomato and remove the skin.
2. Blend it with 1-2 tsp of fresh yogurt.
3. Use this paste on your tan, and wash off after 20 minutes.
3. Cucumber extract helps to remove tan:
Cucumber is highly beneficial for tanned and sunburnt skin. Cucumber has a cooling effect and helps remove tan.
1. Shred a cucumber, and squeeze to get the juice out.
2. Using a cotton ball, apply the juice all over your skin.
3. Let it dry and wash. You may also add a little lemon juice for added benefits.
4. Bengal gram flour and turmeric fade the tan:
Turmeric is an excellent skin brightening agent while Bengal gram flour (besan) lightens skin effectively.
1. Add 1 tsp of turmeric to a cup of Bengal gram flour, and mix some water or milk to make a thin paste.
2. Apply this mixture on your face and body, and let it dry, before gently scrubbing it away using lukewarm water.
3. Regular use will help fade the tan from your skin.
5. Potato juice to get rid of tan:
Potato juice is often used to lighten dark circles around the eyes. Apart from being naturally soothing, the juice of potato is also known for being a potent bleaching agent.
1. Juice a raw potato and apply it directly onto your skin to get rid of the tan.
2. Alternatively, you can also use thin potato slices on your eyes and face.
3. Keep them on for 10-12 minutes and wash off once it dries.
6. Honey and papaya for removing tan:
Papaya is rich in natural enzymes that have skin bleaching and exfoliating properties. Honey on the other hand is a natural moisturiser and a skin soothing agent. It is also rich in antioxidants that remove free radicals from the skin which cause ageing.
1. Take 4-5 cubes of ripe papaya; the riper the better.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of honey to it and mash it up using the back of a spoon or a fork.
3. Mix well until a smooth paste is formed.
4. Apply this paste all over the tanned skin and let dry.
5. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with water.
7. Masoor dal (red lentil), tomato and aloe vera pack:
Masoor dal is an effective remedy in treating sun tan. Tomato juice brightens up the skin while aloe vera soothes and moisturises it.
1. Soak 2 tbsp of masoor dal in water for a few hours until the dal gets soft.
2. Drain the water and put in a blender.
3. To the dal, add 1 teaspoon of aloe vera and gel and 2 teaspoon of fresh tomato juice.
4. Blend into a paste.
5. Apply on suntanned skin and let it stay for 20 minutes.
6. Rinse it out with water using a massage action.