Netflix‘s Squid Game has been out for almost a week and has made numerous headlines daily with being No.1 on Netflix.
On an online community, one netizen pointed out a massive Easter egg that they found while watching the show. In a scene introducing the premise of the survival competition, the camera pans out to show the back of the room. However, upon closer inspection, the illustrations revealed every single game the participants would be partaking in during their time in the competition.
Each game that the 456 people participated in is a traditional children’s game played in South Korea, with different variations of them found all over the world. If you look closely at the photo below, every game is drawn out into a simplified illustration allowing for the competition’s participants to get a glimpse of their upcoming missions.
Illustration of red light, green light.
Tug of war
The dalgona game
The glass bridge, and more.
This post started to gain traction and it wasn’t long before netizens began to react to these hidden clues about the games.
- “Whoa, that’s crazy.”
- “In the beginning, there were so many people that the beds covered the walls so there’s no way we could have known ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ.”
- “This is crazy. As the beds disappeared one by one, you could slowly see the dalgona picture.”
- “I figured it out once there were only 3 people left ㅋㅋㅋㅋ.”
- “Wowwww I just figured it out.”
- “Wow, I just noticed it.”