Whether it was Sridevi or Sonam Kapoor, our celebs are always in the headlines for some or the other reason.
It has just been six months and many interesting, sad, happy and exciting things have already happened this year. From Sridevi’s death to Sonam Kapoor’s wedding to Mira Rajput’s pregnancy, some or the other celeb has always made it to the headlines.
Here are the top 7 newsmakers of this year so far:
1. Sridevi: The legendary Bollywood actress Sridevi had passed away this year on February 24, in Dubai where she had gone to attend her nephew Mohit Marwah’s wedding. The entire film fraternity along with the fans of the actress were in shock with her sudden demise.
2. Sonam Kapoor: The fashionista of Bollywood, Sonam Kapoor tied the knot this year with her longtime boyfriend Anand Ahuja. The wedding took place in Mumbai on May 8. And it had become the talk of the town, with almost the entire B-town in presence.
3. Shahid Kapoor and Mira Rajput: The adorable couple Shahid Kapoor and Mira Rajput had announced a few months back about them going to have their second child. They broke the news with a cute picture of their daughter Misha being termed as the ‘big sister’.
4. Deepika Padukone: The actress was included in the list of TIMES 100 most influential people, this year. And it was the Hollywood star and the actress’ co-star from XXX: The Xander Cage, Vin Diesel who had written the special note for Deepika.
5. Irrfan Khan: It had come as a very disheartening news when the actor Irrfan Khan had announced that he has been diagnosed with a rare disease. And very soon several rumours had started floating on social media, which Irrfan had cleared later. The actor is currently abroad getting treated for NeuroEndocrine Tumour.
6. Shilpa Shinde: The Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hain actress Shilpa Shinde had won the hearts of the people with her performance in the TV reality show Bigg Boss 11. Leaving behind celebs like Hina Khan and Vikas Gupta, she had come out as the winner of the show.
7. Priya Prakash Varrier: Termed as the ‘national crush’, Priya Prakash Varrier had become an overnight sensation in the country. All thanks to the video from the song Manikya Malaraya Poovi from the film Oru Adaar Love which saw her winking!
Let us know what do you think in the comments section below and do not forget to follow us on all our social media handles to stay updated with all the latest photos and videos.