India is a beautiful land with many tourist places where people can enjoy when they are on a solo trip!
It is very important to take a break from your daily mundane life and go on a vacation, spend time with your family and friends. But it is equally important to have some ‘me’ time once in a while. It is very important to take out some time from your busy life for yourself.
It helps to know yourself better, explore your own potentials and above all rejuvenate yourself. And the best thing is that if you are in India, there are plenty of places where you can go on a solo trip. And we bet that you would not miss your gang or family!
So, here’s the list of 9 places in India where every solo traveler must visit:
1. Manali: Nestled in the state of Himachal Pradesh, Manali is one place where you can visit both in summers and winters. From various adventure activities to beautiful spots to enjoy the serene beauty of nature, the place has it all. We recommend you to not miss the Hadimba temple and the Vashisht hot water springs and Temple if you visit Manali.
2. Kasol: Situated in the Parvati Valley of Himachal Pradesh, Kasol is a backpackers’ paradise. The place is considered to be the best for trekking. Although it is no recommended for beginners. If you visit Kasol, then you must try the Israeli food out there and trek to Kheerganga.
3. Kodaikanal: Referred to as the ‘Princess of Hill Stations’, Kodaikanal is a small city in the state of Tamil Nadu. From lakes to caves to view points, the city offers a peaceful environment to enjoy the beauty of the nature, away from the hustle and bustle of the city. We recommend to surely visit the Thalaiyar falls which is the highest waterfall of the state.
4. Spiti Valley: One of the best places in India where you can have a road trip because the actual beauty of this place can be seen while travelling from these roads. The place is a cold desert mountain valley in the Himalayas and is situated between Tibet and India. That is why you will find a lot of monasteries there. For the believers, there is this local Himalayan legends which says that if you stack seven stones on top of each other and make a wish, then it will come true. Well, you can always try your luck!
5. Zanskar: This place will surely give you a ‘me’ time, a trip for yourself as it is one of the most isolated tourist spots of the country. A sub-district of Kargil, the place is located in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. From frozen waterfalls to the frozen Zanskar river, the place is a heaven for those who love winters and snow.
6. Dharamshala: Located in the state of Himachal Pradesh, Dharamshala is actually famous for being the residence of Dalai Lama. We strongly recommend you to try paragliding and visit the Kangra valley if you decide to go to this place. If a cricket fan, then you can also visit the HCPA stadium, which is situated at an altitude of 1457 m.
7. Sikkim: One of the most beautiful regions of the north-east, Sikkim is a must visit if you like to travel alone. You will find the people as very sweet and helpful making your trip a memorable one. From paragliding to bungee jumping to rafting and trekking, the place offers a variety of adventurous activities that you can try. But if you are up for trying something unique, then we would ask you to go for the yak ride.
8. Jaisalmer: Situated in the culturally rich state of India- Rajasthan, the city itself is very rich in culture. If you are not someone very fond of snow, winters and hill stations, then this is one place where you can travel to alone. If you visit the place, then you should definitely try overnight camping in the sand dunes and a camel safari. You would also not want to miss the beautiful forts and lakes of the Golden city.
9. Rishikesh: For all those who are very spiritual at heart, this is the best place to visit in the country. The place offers almost all the adventurous activities whether it is rafting, bungee jumping, zip lining, camping, trekking kayaking or cliff jumping. You name it, and it’s there. But the add-on of the place is the beautiful and soothing Ganga aarti that you can enjoy after a tiring day of adventurous activities on one of the popular ghats of the city, Triveni Ghat.